Author: Tyler Knott Gregson
Length: 144 pages
Age Group: Anyone
Published: 2014
Modern poetry is not something you are used to seeing around a lot, but now thanks to social media sites like Tumblr and Instagram it is becoming more common. That is how I found out about Tyler Knott Gregson. He has a way with words that will leave you wanting to read more, which is exactly what happened to me. I was not a big fan of poetry until I started going through Tyler Knott's poems on his Instagram account, and I would recommend this book for anyone wanting to start reading poetry.
Chasers of the Light: Poems from the Typewriter Series is Tyler Knott's first book, and it is a compilation of poems he has written on scraps of paper with his typewriter. The writing is simple so you will not be spending a long time trying to decipher the meaning of the poem or what it is trying to say, but it is still moving and will leave you thinking about life and love.
The author is also an amazing photographer, and the book includes some of his beautiful photographs that are a great complement to the poetry.
The book will leave you wanting to read more of his work, and luckily his poetry does not end with this book. He is constantly posting poetry on his Instagram and Tumblr (you can expect a daily love haiku from him), but it is not so much that you will find him overwhelming.
Where to find TKG?
No comments:
Post a Comment