Length: 377 Pages
Age Group: Middle School
Published: 2005
Despite what the age group indicates, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief is for everybody. The series in general is the story of Percy Jackson, a twelve-year-old kid with ADHD and dyslexia who is also the demigod son of Poseidon, and his adventures as he tries to defeat the Titan Kronos.
In this book, Percy finds out who he actually is when he almost gets killed on a field trip by a monster disguised as his math teacher. After finding out the truth, he goes to Camp Half-Blood, a summer/all-year camp for demigods like him, for safety, but ends up leaving on a quest to get back Zeus' lightning bolt which was stolen and all the gods think it was him who stole it, which explains why his math teacher tried to kill him.
The book is in Percy's point of view, and you will be so glad that it is because he will make you laugh many times, and he will keep you entertained.
I have reread this book numerous times, and each time it never fails to make me laugh. Even though I have read it before and know what happens, it still keeps me hooked. The book is not that long, especially when compared to its spin-off series Heroes of Olympus so it is good for a quick, fun read.
I find it hard to pick my favorite books, but the entire Percy Jackson series is definitely in the Top 2.

Hiya! I've been loving your blog and I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog www.sophiessignaturestyle.blogspot.com where I have all the rules and extra info about it :-) x
ReplyDeleteOh, thank you very much! =]
Delete